Ok – Granted I haven’t even launched this blog yet, launch day is really only in October – But I thought I would get an early start on writing about these. So here goes – for the all of 2 days I had public content in August – My August blogging Income Report for Hand Mommy the Wine.
You can read about how I set up my blog in 4 phases here
How am I tracking towards my personal goals?
1. I want to get to 1500 page views by December 2018
Well for August we had a total of 16 Page views (excluding my own) 16 is still 16 closer to 1500! Yuss
2. I want to make at least $100 from my blog by December 2018
Yeah look – this month – No advertising and no affiliate marketing! So – a big fat ZERO
3. I want to make sure I do a monthly Income summary
Yes – Done – you’re reading it! Winnnnn
4. I want to be part of at least 2 group boards on Pinterest
Yes! Done! I joined a blogging group board and a couple of Pinterest tribes
5.I want to have at least 30 Blog Posts by December 2018
I am currently a 4/30 which is awesome. I am using Help a Reporter out to get more valuable content for moms in preparation for the launch in October.
6. I want to have 10 email sign ups.
I havent set up sign ups yet and will next week. I am going to start with Mail Chimp as its free and I wont have many to start with.
7.Have at least 10 followers across all my new platforms (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook)
This is going well – started my Instagram page and – with fun cute quotes which you can go have a look at over at @handmommythewine
No signups yet for Twitter or Facebook but then again – only put a logo and cover page on the Facebook page last night.
Income versus Expences
This month obviously I needed to do some set up
|Hosting (site gound) +
Website – Annual
|Canva for images||$9.99|
Mini Goals to make a profit when we launch in October!
- I am going to research advertisers who don’t need piles of page views and are an alternative to to the low rpm (cost per 1000 page-views) of google AdSense.
- I am going to set up an email subscriber list
- I am going to get heaps more content ready for publishing
I think that is enough for now. I will absolutely keep plugging away as I know it takes some time to get things up and running.
Couple lessons I learnt this month:
Step away and look at the bigger picture.
Most advertisers pay net 45 or net 65 so setting up advertising early is key so that you don’t have an insane delay between making an income and being paid. Keep this in mind!