LAUNCH DAYYYYY!!!!! Could you be more excited! Well shit let me hand you the wine! This is a huge day and launching a mom blog is a big deal – let me know Ill share it all over my social medias! #truestory!
So what are some really simple ways to launch your blog to start seeing some traffic and what are my personal goals in this blogging journey?
My personal blogging goals and accountability
I decided to stick with 10 goals, because I am a mum and I aint got no time for that. But I could only come up with 6. So well thats that then! 6 goals to cover from now until December! Lets go!
- I want to get to 1500 page views by December 2018
- I want to make at least $100 from my blog by December 2018
- I want to make sure I do a monthly Income summary
- I want to be part of at least 2 group boards on pinterest
- I want to have at least 30 Blog Posts by December 2018
- I want to have 10 email sign ups.
- Have at least 10 followers across all my new platforms (instagram, twitter and facebook)
Lets launch your mom blog!
Its going to be an excited next couple of steps but again I want to make something really clear – If you dont get site hits immediately in your first week – dont be saddened or discouraged, It can take 3-4 months to get traction on your blog so be patient and do be sad. Also for the love of god – don’t compare yourself with others. Thats stupid. Its good in some cases and but really bad for you in others. So seriously. No. Stop it.
Ok we are going to go systematically through all the steps for launch day! You have 3-5 posts right? You ready to get into launching a mom blog?
- Set up google analytics. You will need this to see how your page is tracking, who is on it, and what times are best etc. Its pretty easy to set it up and you can do it directly through a plugin on wordpress – or on google analytics itself. Thats totally up to you. so go with what makes things easier for you.
- Have you signed up with free mailchimp and have sign up forms going to a list? You want to email your people at some stage, and while you might not be offering a freebie – you might have a sign up pop up for them to click on.
- Your website links are working – and your site is looking good?
- Your social media is looking amazing and your branding is consistent?
- You’ve signed up for tailwind, pinterest and been accepted into a couple tribes and groups?
- You’re understanding SEO and all your pictures have alt titles, and your yoast is showing green dots?
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE READY FREDDY!
Sharing your mom blog on social media:
Now before we get to posting and sharing – lets create some content for your social media – you want to be posting there as we go so I suggest signing up for a free scheduling tool like buffer to schedule some content to your pages. A great way to do this is by grabbing some premade templates to get you started. If you are looking for hashtags to use on twitter pinterest and instagram – head to display purposes to get started with your key word. Schedule your social media content to be in alignment with your blog posts that are coming out. Remember you’ve already got 5 posted – ready to share and now you have 10 in draft ready to go once you launch.
We are now ready – you have posts scheduled in buffer – your tailwind is set up and you have your 3-5 posts on your page ready for sharing. Perfect!
Step 1: Open up your first post to share
Step 2: Save your pins to your dedicated blog board
Step 3: Head over to the tailwind addon and click to schedule pick the pin from your board and add it to your group baords – submit your pin to some tribes too when doing this remember to stagger the scheduling or you might find that you look spammy in “one a day” pin boards. Ok! Once you are done – hand yourself a wine and pat yourself on the fucking back!
You’ll want to repeat this with every blog post you’ve created to create consistency and excitement. Ill be pinning some of the fun quotes I come up with on my instagram page to share on pinterest.
Now for the rest of your launch!
Make sure you have shared your link far and wide. Do not be shy to share it with family and friends because these will be your first site visitors! Yay!
Congratulations and enjoy your glass of celebratory wine!